10.0 Sidebar support breaking our Study Bible app

I’ve just updated to 10.0.1 (due to a re-install) and I see USFM sidebar support was added in 10.0.

It is great that adding encapsulating DIVs for the sidebar has been added,
but
it is not supported in the app created by SAB!

The sidebar content goes missing in the app.

HTML:

APP:

We had added some custom USFM stuff to make this work prior to this, but the examples attached are with a new project without any custom USFM, changes or styles.

Click for Paratext code
\v 3 So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation. 
\s1 THE CREATION OF MAN AND WOMAN 
\b 
\q1 
\v 4 These are the generations 
\q1 of the heavens and the earth when they were created, 
\q1 in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens. 
\b 
\esb 
\ms1 CAN I REST? 
\m Have you ever wondered if it is okay for a woman to rest? Life can be full of tasks - moving from one thing to the next. For example, as a woman one must make sure that the children are clean, fed, taught good manners and ready for school on time if it is a school day. If married, all this without neglecting the spouse. For the family to be fed there should be food in the house and the food needs to be cooked. This needs to happen in a clean house. 
\b 
\m A working mother not only needs to fulfil these tasks and deadlines at home but others at work as well. In all this when does one rest? Is it acceptable to rest? 
\b 
\m In \xt Genesis 2:3\xt* it says that God rested from all the work He had done in creation. 
\b 
\m \it Lord, I thank You for giving me wisdom to rest when I am tired. Lord, please help me not to be lazy but to be like You to do my work well and rest well also. Amen.\it* 
\esbe 
\p 
\v 5 When no bush of the field\f + \fr 2:5 \ft Or \fqa open country\f* was yet in the land\f + \fr 2:5 \ft Or \fqa earth\ft ; also verse 6\f* and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground, 
For those interested in what the HTML looks like, click here
<div class="sidebar">
<div class="sidebar-contents">
<div class="ms"><div id="ms1">CAN I REST? </div></div>
<div class="m">Have you ever wondered if it is okay for a woman to rest? Life can be full of tasks - moving from one thing to the next. For example, as a woman one must make sure that the children are clean, fed, taught good manners and ready for school on time if it is a school day. If married, all this without neglecting the spouse. For the family to be fed there should be food in the house and the food needs to be cooked. This needs to happen in a clean house. </div>
<div class="b">&nbsp;</div>
<div class="m">A working mother not only needs to fulfil these tasks and deadlines at home but others at work as well. In all this when does one rest? Is it acceptable to rest? </div>
<div class="m">In <span class="reflink"><a href="01-GEN-002.html#v3">Genesis 2:3</a></span> it says that God rested from all the work He had done in creation. </div>
<div class="m"><span class="it">Lord, I thank You for giving me wisdom to rest when I am tired. Lord, please help me not to be lazy but to be like You to do my work well and rest well also. Amen.</span> </div>
</div>
</div>
Click here for the default SAB styles in use here
div.sidebar {
    padding-bottom: 1em;
    padding-left: 1em;
    padding-right: 1em;
    margin-top: 2em;
    margin-bottom: 2em;
    background-color: SidebarBackgroundColor;
    font-size: 90%;
}
div.sidebar-title {
    text-align: center;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 8px;
    color: TitlesColor;
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 120%;
    page-break-after: avoid;
}
div.sidebar-contents {
}

Temporary workaround until this is working again:

1. Added changes regex:
    \\esb to \\zsb
    (this will also change \esbe)
  2. Renamed custom styles
    div.esb to div.zsb
    and .esb to .zsb

… so SAB ignores the now custom sidebar markers.

Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Thank you for reporting this problem, @GregAshleyCooper. It will be fixed for the next version of SAB.

1 Like