Ability for Translators to invited new checkers

Here is what the help says “If this setting is off, only project admins will be able to add community checkers to the project.” In the project I’m working on, its the translator who knows the speakers and has their contact info. I wish he could invite folks not me the administrator.

Hi Kathie - You can allow your translator to invite others from the settings page. In the User Invites section, check the option to Allow users of Community Checking to invite others

Hi JoEllen,

We don’t want all community checkers to invite others, at this point we want to be more selective in who we invite. But I do want the translators to be able to do this specifically them. That option does not seem to be available.

This is an option I would suggest would be helpful to add.

Kathie

image001.jpg

Hi JoEllen,
We don’t want all community checkers to invite others, at this point we want to be more selective in who we invite. But I do want the translators to be able to do this specifically them. That option does not seem to be available.
This is an option I would suggest would be helpful to add.
Kathie

Hi JoEllen,

I’m not sure if this goes to you or not. The other day you told me how to find the record feature for the questions, that is go to the edit button beside the question and it will give a record option also, a little microphone. I could do this as the administrator but only on questions that had not been recorded. I could not re-record the old questions. That is what I want Ayamba, the translator to be able to do.

But when the two translators tried this, in one case the edit button did not appear, in the other it only gave a dialogue box allowing editing of the written question no record. I thought that the option for translators to record the questions had been implemented. Did I misunderstand? Or do something else wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Kathie

Thanks for clarifying the request - I’ll add that to our list of ideas for future improvements for community checking.

I’ll have to check into the audio recording functionality. There was an update to that part of the page this week, intended to make it simpler to navigate the typing and audio recording when checkers are answering questions. I’ll check into what the current navigation should be for recording audio for questions.

You should be able to re-record the audio for a question by following these steps:

1. Click the edit button for the question.
  2. Remove the already-recorded audio by clicking the X (next to the play button).
  3. Click the microphone to record new audio.
  4. Save the question.

It sounds like your translators may be seeing something different. If so, please feel free to contact help@scriptureforge.org so we can troubleshoot further. A screenshot or two might be helpful, if possible.

OK I already had success with this due to your demo. John (as a translator) did too.

Thanks so much.

My only remaining hangup is how to let translators (and only them, not other community checkers) invite new folks to be community checkers.

Kathie

Great, I’m glad the audio recording worked! The specific option to have translators invite community checkers, but not allow checkers to invite others, isn’t currently possible, but I’ve added it to our feature request list for consideration.

Thank you for doing that.

Kathie