Analytics, BigQuery, DataStudio, FireBase etc

Has anyone had any experience getting useful information from Analytics or Firebase about how the app is being used e.g.

1. Unique users
  2. New users
  3. Map of user locations (global)
  4. Most read chapters
  5. Verses shared
  6. Most search words
  7. Clicks on get involved
  8. Views on about us

and displaying it together as a dashboard in DataStudio or something similar?

Hi Greg,

Hope you doing well today.
With regards to your question, we have been testing Google Analytics for the last couple of months to see what type of information we can get and present to the regional teams.

With the default integration, below are some examples of data we get from Google (GA):
*all data is currently showing this year (1 Jan - 10 Feb)
*I can only upload one image in my post as a new user, so I have place everything in one image. I hope you can see everything, otherwise please reach out and we would do a Zoom call.

1. Unique users
    The word unique is not used on GA, they use the word users loosely and suspect this is what you are looking for.
    I stick to User activity for unique users per day, week and month, etc as they would not count the same user twice I would imagine.

2. New users
    See image.

3. Map of user locations (global)
    The demographic details is extremely handy and helps with targeting Google ads for the app.
    There is also a section on city in GA.

4. Most read chapters
    This is the area I am busy investigating on. I cannot find how to get this information and if anyone know, it would be of great help.
    I data I use currently is “Pages and Screens”

5. Verses shared
    Similar to above, unsure. Although there is an Events section which provides basic data:

6. Most search words
    Have not found any information on this one.

7. Clicks on get involved

8. Views on about us
    I have combined these two as they are similar.
    If both these links in the app point to a specific website and it has GA, it may be possible to collect data from the website (destination). Website GA is structured a bit different, but there is a section called All Traffic - Channels which may be able to provide that information.

I hope this info has helped, this data is valuable to see the reach and engagement of the app as well as future plans.

Please reach out if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
James Cuthbert

1 Like