Audio file not found

With SAB 6.0.2, on some phones I often get the error message “Audio file not found” both if the audio file is located on the phones’s internal memory or on an SD card. Sometimes I have to close and reopen the app for it to find the audio files, and sometimes it just doesn’t find the audio at all. I did not have this problem with earlier versions of SAB. Any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

These are the audio setting I use:

1 Like

Have you tried to turn off the third last switch above? The Search all folders switch.

No, I haven’t, but I would assume that is not what you want to do as the audio files often end up in different locations, sometimes in the phone’s internal memory and sometimes on a SD card, depending on the space available. You want the app to be able to find the audio files no matter where they are located.

I never had a problem with this with older versions of SAB. I also see that sometimes the audio will be found after the search function has been running for quite a long time (several minutes).

I also had this audio issue with using a newer version of SAB when I finally got around to updating my app. It was working well on my older version.

I found the solution posted by Matt_A here:

I needed to change the source for all of the audio files. It was not enough just to select the source in the global settings.

Not sure if this is still an issue for you or not, but thought I’d post this here to make it easier to find if anyone else searches for the same topic.

Blessings,
Ace.