Book files linked to sound files

Friends

I used SAB a couple of years ago, just to try to figure out what it can do. Now I am back trying to learn it for real-life use. But I ran into a problem that I am not sure how to deal with. Maybe someone can point me to the right direction here?

I have four books of John, in text format. Each book in its own file. Then I have four separate sound files that are recordings of those four books. I have figured out how I can add those books and the appropriate sound files to SAB and create timing files using aeneas. That works just fine. I understand that I need to have one sound file per chapter in John.
Here is my issue:
How can I have all those four book chapters in one text file and link that file to the four equivalent sound files? I can do them one chapter to one sound file, but not all four chapters (one file) to the four sound files.
I guess this is a simple thing to do but I do not seem to get it to work.

Thanks for help with this.

Carl

The primary input file format for SAB is USFM. SAB can take other formats but don’t expect the full features from all other formats.

This is the first part of World English Bible Genesis in USFM:

\id GEN World English Bible (WEB)
\ide UTF-8
\h Genesis
\toc1 The First Book of Moses, Commonly Called Genesis
\toc2 Genesis
\toc3 Gen
\mt2 The First Book of Moses,
\mt3 Commonly Called
\mt1 Genesis
\c 1
\p
\v 1 In the beginning, God\f + The Hebrew word rendered “God” is “אֱלֹהִ֑ים” (Elohim).\f* created the heavens and the earth.
\v 2 The earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep and God’s Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters.
\p
\v 3 God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
\v 4 God saw the light, and saw that it was good. God divided the light from the darkness.
\v 5 God called the light “day”, and the darkness he called “night”. There was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Each chapter starts with a \c followed by the chapter number. So that is how different chapters are in one text file. A variation of USFM is used for picture books where \c is replaced by \page plus number.

If you can share your input file/s with me by Personal Message (click on my icon and choose message) I can have a look at it and advise you.

Thanks mcuayi

I am sorry I was not clear. The txt files are taken from PT and are usings SFMs.

My issue was linking four separate sound files to one .txt file that had the text of all those four sound files. But I think that I figured it out after having slept one night. :slight_smile:

I have to make those four sound files into one big sound file for i to work. And link that file and the big txt file together. Simple but I was not thinking clearly while writing my earlier message!

Thanks anyway, and have a great day.
Carl

The standard way to do this is with one multi chapter text file and one audio file for each chapter. Like in this example:

Thanks again

So under the “Book” tab in your pic above do you have one text file that you call MAT or whatever and then under Portions on that page you have “Whole book”? Does that tell the system that that text file is actually one whole book, and then allows for you to add several audio files, one per chapter?

Have a great day.

Carl

The Portions dialog is to tell SAB if you only want to make the app with particular chapters and verses.

Say you have completed MAT 1-15 and it is consultant checked and ready to share but the rest of the books in draft. So that allows you to set the part to include in the app. Most people are including Whole Book so it is the default.