Build error SAB ver 8.1

I previously used SAB ver 6 - it worked fine.
I Installed:
SAB ver 8.1
amazon-corretto-8.265.01.1-windows-x64
commandlinetools-win-6609375_latest

Now I get a build failure:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• Where:
    Build file ‘C:\Users\danie\AppData\Local\Temp\App Builder\build\SAB.001\a\build.gradle’ line: 12

• What went wrong:
    A problem occurred evaluating root project ‘a’.

Failed to apply plugin [id ‘com.android.internal.version-check’]
Minimum supported Gradle version is 6.1.1. Current version is 5.4.1. If using the gradle wrapper, try editing the distributionUrl in C:\Users\danie\AppData\Local\Temp\App Builder\build\SAB.001\a\gradle\wrapper\gradle-wrapper.properties to gradle-6.1.1-all.zip

Do you have a version of gradle in your path? Normally, SAB uses the gradle included in the app.

On Windows, you can run where gradle from a command window to see if Windows is finding a different gradle.

I installed SAB 8.1 on Windows and checked the embedded gradle and it is 6.5.1

C:\>"c:\Program Files (x86)\SIL\Scripture App Builder\tools\gradle\bin\gradle" -version

Welcome to Gradle 6.5.1!

FYI, I just happened to try to install Gradle 5.4.1 and put it in the path and it still used the one in the SAB directory. You could try running what I did above to see what version is installed in your SAB directory.

It is possible that the install didn’t update the files correctly. You could try uninstalling SAB (make sure the install folder is removed – which is path shown above) and then reinstalling.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m not a programmer and it would take too long to explain how I messed it up, but your reply gave me the info I needed to realize what I had done wrong and to fix it. The build now works!