Build won't finish - gradle daemon won't start

Hi,

I’m trying to build an app and am now (I’ve compiled using this version a while back and it worked) seeing a loop where the gradle daemon starts, seems to fail (can’t be reused) then tries again, ad infinitum.

Any clues. I’ve tried compiling some other projects that have worked in the past, but the same error,

I’m using SAB 8.6.5

Thanks,
Ross

Ross, if the problem continues, one way to fix it is to clear your Gradle folder, so that Gradle reinitialises itself.

You can find it here: c:\users\your-name\.gradle, e.g. c:\Users\Richard\.gradle

It can be useful to delete this folder from time to time because it can grow very large. I see that mine is 2.5 GB so it might be time to delete it.

1 Like

I’ve just suffered this problem again… but found a/the solution, I think… I write here in case it might help someone in the future… if only me when I forget :slight_smile:

1. This is a doozy, but there seems to be something in it. On my PC I share my wifi connection with the “Mobile Hotspot” feature of Win10. Seems this needs to be turned off for anything to happen halfway properly.
  2. Gradle is pretty picky on its internet connection. With one (hotspot) connection, needed files wouldn’t download. When I tried another hotspot connection it seemed my problem was solved!