Can't get the FCBH audio tacks to play (either downloaded or streamed)

I have my FCBH key. I have the audio files, I have parsed the audio files to make timing files.
If I put the audio files on my phone, the audio plays (eventually) and the highlight correctly follows the text and audio, as it is supposed to.
BUT if I delete one of the audio files from my phone to test the FCBH connection, the app tries to download the missing audio file (good!), but fails and says “Check your internet connection” (not good–as the internet connection is just fine).
NOTE: My default is NOT the FCBH website, it is the Internet Archive (archive.org) because so far most of our recordings have been made locally (not by FCBH).
Any clues as to what I need to tweak to get this to work?

David, when you say

My default is NOT the FCBH website, it is the Internet Archive (archive.org)

do you mean that you have not set the source of the given audio file to be FCBH? You can set the source of individual audio files to different places. Please make sure that the file source is set to FCBH for those files that are hosted by FCBH.

Woohoo. Thanks Richard, that was the problem! I hadn’t noticed that we should specify the default location for each audio file. Doing that did the trick.

1 Like