Change glossary references appearances ? (with floor characters?)

I would like to change the appearance of the glossary references in the text. At the moment they are displayed in color and underlined. Is there a possibility to customize this? And if yes where?

Would it for instance be possible to use Floor (hook) Characters as in this example

Ideally just combined with a color or with just colored Floor Characters which would make for very light reading.

That would mean applying a changes line like : “\w ([^|\])(|[^\])?\w*” > " \u230a\1\u230b"

Do you have experience with this in SAB ?

There are a number of options.

You could use changes to add in your floor characters before and after the \w and after the \w* but to color then you would need to wrap them in character marker not used elsewhere.

But you can also use Styles to do the same thing.

In Styles > Custom Styles

Add two new entries

Style Description Declaration
.w::before Floor before Glossary content: ‘⌊’; color: blue;
.w::after Floor after Glossary word content: ‘⌋’; color: blue;

The CSS is like this:

.w::after {
    content: '⌋';
    color: blue;
}

You need to use the CSS tab after creating new item to add the content: item, it is not in the Style Properties tab initially.

If you are doing digital publishing, then learning CSS will help you. Take an hour and see if it helps.

I have not tested this.

I can follow you and understand enough of CSS at the moment to create the styles. What I cannot yet grasp is how to apply the style (or any custom style) to my text?

I looked in the html how a glossary entry is rendered (see below), and in fact Glossary, Cross reference and Footnote are all of the class footnote selectable. Do you think that mean the SAB user cannot influence the difference in appearance and I would need to write a Feature request for the creation of a classglossary selectable” and “cross reference selectable”?

Glossary \w \w* reference :
jaŋ ki faninmwuŋ

Cross reference : \x \x*
a

Footnote : \f \f*
f

See this post.
When exporting to HTML, glossary words (\w) are not given the class="w".

Try this:

span.footnote.selectable::before Floor before Glossary content: ‘⌊’; color: blue;
span.footnote.selectable::after Floor after Glossary word content: ‘⌋’; color: blue;

I see footnote.selectable should also affect footnote/crossref callers.
So, you might need to add something like:

span.footnote.selectable sup::before Undo Floor before Glossary content: ‘⌊’; color: navy;
span.footnote.selectable sup::before Undo Floor before Glossary content: ‘⌊’; color: navy;

I will try that, in the meantime, under Styles, footnotes, span.glossary is listed. So it is an existing style … could we learn how to use it ?