Choosing Analytics

I haven’t used Analytics before so I’m green in this area. I am working on a Bible app now and I’m interested in creating an Analytics account. I see SAB supports multiple options for analytics. What are some reviews of the different options available? What option are people using primarily for their apps? Also, any tips for getting starting with analytics for new users?

I’m using Google Analytics. Out of the box it gives some good stats on who is using the app, when, how much, and where, as well as (I believe) ages and genders of users. Also, which versions people are using, number of active users and number of uninstalls. For the tech savvy there might be a way to get even more info.

For Bible apps, FCBH gives some really good data, including which chapters are being viewed and listened to. I’m not sure how that is set up.

If you want to advertise on Facebook, you’ll need to add their SDK to the app in order to see how many installs resulted directly from your advertising. However, adding the SDK is not a requirement. If you have Google Analytics you can infer the amount of growth coming from ads fairly well. Let me know if you need help with adding the SDK.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi Tyler

Here’s a helpful post from the forum on how to enable FCBH Analytics and how you could get access to the dashboard to view the usage stats for your apps.