Color tashkeels

Is there any way , through which we can give a different color to tashkeels in arabic text? Like main font color will black and tashkeels over that word with red color or any else…
I think, this will give a nice look.

I’m pretty sure this functionality doesn’t currently exist. I agree that it would be a nice feature, but it might be a little tricky to implement. In Word, you can indicate that you want diacritics or not and their color with this interface (in Word Options, Advanced):
So you could add something like this in the book collection’s Styles tab, where you select Right to Left for Text Direction. (Maybe only showing you a color chooser if you selected RTL?)

But it seems like a better solution would be to use the style paradigm in SAB, maybe have a style in the Formatting section which is called span.diacritics, and any characteristics which are different than the normal text are inserted as a around the diacritic. Where this might be hard is to know where this would get applied. Anywhere there is a diacritic? Would you treat paragraph styles, poetry, titles all the same? For example, if you decided for some reason to put poetic lines in green, the diacritics in the poetic lines would still be black, unless you changed the style of the diacritics to green, but then the diacritics in the normal paragraphs would be green. But you also wouldn’t want to have to define a diacritic sub-style of every paragraph style.

Most diacritics are combining, I can’t see that we could put markup around them and expect them to look correct.

A generic solution would be to define characters by code point and provide a way of styling those characters. Though I don’t know if that is possible without rewriting the presentation engine.

Hi Dear,
@jeff_heath
@expebition
@mcquayi

My question is that “Is it not possible to color the diacritics as we make them ignored while searching any word?”
like in this:

Humble regards

@jeff_heath @mcquayi
Is there any chance for implementing this feature?

Can we set any separate style for a letter/tashkeel, in which we can set color of any Unicode character.

A search of CSS option shows this article: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@font-face/unicode-range

This seems to indicate a way to style a letter based on the code point. But testing this in HTML did not produce any results.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang='cs'>
  <head>
    <title></title>
    <meta charset='utf-8'>
    <meta name='description' content=''>
    <meta name='keywords' content=''>
    <meta name='author' content=''>
    <meta name='robots' content='all'>
    <!-- <meta http-equiv='X-UA-Compatible' content='IE=edge'> -->
    <link href='/favicon.png' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/png'>
    <style type="text/css">