Crash in google testing

Hello,
I have a new crash happening in Google Play’s Internal testing, with v8.5. Here is the logdump:
FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.google.android.apps.docs, PID: 21051
java.lang.SecurityException: GoogleCertificatesRslt: Package signed with debug key (go/gsrlt)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1958)
at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1904)
at lui.x(PG:12)
at lsk$c.a(PG:7)
at lsk$f.run(PG:4)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:457)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
at lxi.run(Unknown Source:6)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

Here is the device info (which google are choosing of course):
Model name

Galaxy S9
Manufacturer
Samsung
Android version (SDK)
Android 8.0 (SDK 26)
Locale
en_US
Screen size
1080 x 2009
Screen density (DPI)
RAM (total memory)
3,584 MB
OpenGL ES version
ABI
ARM64_V8
CPU
Qualcomm SDM845

Any ideas? Should await 8.6?
Thanks for any guidance.

Hello @Jason,

I don’t believe w have anything in the next release that addresses this issue. Does the internal testing share a video of what they were doing at the time of the crash?

I found this Stack Overflow post that seems similar (unfortunately with no resolution). One of the comments seemed to indicate that you could get a video of the crash happening.

Chris

Thank you - looking for that video is an excellent suggestion - I had assumed it was a screenshot, but you are correct - I can get the video. So, here it is, and you can see the error at the end - trying to save an image by the looks of it.

https://vimeo.com/518728975/c715befb8f

By the looks of it, I’m not too convinced where the fault lies - I mean it could easily be android itself crashing there.

It seems like it was trying to save the Text on Image to Google Drive. It looked like it was Google Drive that was crashing. To me, it look like it is some issue with their emulator setup, not with your app. I didn’t see your app crash in the video.

You can see from their logdump that the process that crashed is com.google.android.apps.docs, not your app.

Process: com.google.android.apps.docs, PID: 21051

I would asked them not to block your app due to a Google Drive crash.

Chris