Formatting front matter

I haven’t been able to find a list/description of the codes used in the front matter. The samples that are generated provide some good help, but there are still some gaps in my understanding.

Specifically, is there a way to get a page break (for example, I would like a blank page after my title page, and \pb doesn’t seem to work.

Also I have an “i” page number at the top of one page, and no matter where I put \nopagenums, it still seems to show up.

Is there a way to get a border / PDF overlay on just one page of the front matter (like, for example, the title page - so there is some graphic, but the text is produced by the front matter SFM)?

There’s a summary of the codes on this slide, and the Table of Contents parameter options are explained on the next slide but yes - they should be documented somewhere more accessible to all users.

The best way to understand how the \nopagenums and \dopagenums codes work is to look at the

"C:\Program Files\PTXprint\ptxprint\FRTtemplateAdvanced.txt" file. The \pb (pagebreak) won’t work unless there is some other content on that page. Even an invisible line like \ip \bd ~ \bd* on that page should be enough to trigger the pagebreak.

Sorry that this is still quite messy, and un-intuitive. We’ll keep working to improve things…

I want to add publisher name, “Pakistan Bible Society” in inner title and logo of Bible society before name.
How I can do that?

@sajid.imdad In the Front Local settings, you can insert a figure/logo directly by adding a line that looks like this just before the final PBS line:

\fig |src="C:\My Paratext 9 Projects\XYZ\local\figures\MyLogo.png" size="span" pgpos="h" scale="0.18" copy="None"\fig*

pgpos=“h” tells it to place the logo “here”
scale=“0.18” tells it to make it 18% of full size (adjust as needed)
Setting copy=“None” ensures that it doesn’t end up in the list of illustration credits.

If you need to add some space (e.g. 10pt) between the logo and the text, you can use:
\zgap|10pt\*
or something similar between the elements.

By the way, the more recent versions of PTXprint have buttons on the right side of the View+Edit window that allow you to insert useful snippets as shown:

It is then easy to edit the fields as needed on the left.

Thanks… I have tried it first but was not working. Let me check it again.

I have been trying to follow above instruction even tried button. But following msg is appearing.
after press ok, PTXprint shows this.

PTXprint (the application) calls XeTeX to do the actual typesetting. XeTeX then either directly calls or writes a file for xdvipdfmx.
I’ve seen xdvipdfmx crash, but it looks like something is making the usually rock-solid XeTeX program crash. The causes I’ve seen / can imagine are:

1. A bug / corruption in a font (seen this, especially with graphite fonts) crashes the harfbuz font-rendering library. (The case I saw, the same text also failed in graphite-enabled libreoffice) - make sure that you’re using the latest version of the fonts used.
  2. A corrupted image, or one with unusual extra features (I vaguely remember seeing this)
  3. A bug in some rarely-used part of a system library.

I suspect the image is the cause. If you make the \fig ... line to be \rem \fig... and the issue goes away, then I’d suspect the image even more strongly. Opening the image in an image editor and saving it (as JPEG, PDF or PNG) might solve everything.