Glossary with Audio

Thanks, Bayar, I have tried doing this and I like the result!

Another question for you: Do your glossary items appear in Word Search? Mine do, but I don’t want them to.

Dear Roselle,
Yes, mine also shows the search results from Glossary. You could request that feature to the developers to be an option for users.

Bayar

Hi Bayar,

I have discovered that if I use Introduction USFM markers in the glossary, the glossary items won’t show up in word search. :slight_smile:

Roselle

Hi Roselle,
You mean the ones starting with \i…, right? Thanks for letting me know.

Bayar

Yes, that’s right. :slight_smile:

Hello again @Bayar_Garam. I hope you are well. :slight_smile:

I am just wondering, how many kbps are your audio clips? I have reduced mine to 64 and the sound quality is fine, but they still make the size of the apk file quite bit. Are yours a similar size or smaller?

Thanks!
Roselle

Hi Roselle,

Sorry for taking a loooong time to respond. I just opened one of my mp3 files in Audacity and saw that it is at 44100 Hz and 32-bit with 2 channels. This seems to mean 2.8 kbps.

This article explains this calculation: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3xju4s/what_is_the_relation_between_data_transfer_kbps/

At the moment, I have only about 50 files, each 2-3 second long, and I will be adding hundreds more. I tried to reduce the file sizes as much as possible, but these are not indicative of how they will all total in the end. Probably the best alternative is to enable audio file downloads if one wants to hear them.

I hope this helps a tiny bit.

Bayar