Help with Aeneas synching in SAB!

I have used Aeneas in SAB successfully many times before. This time I’m not sure what’s going on. I’m using SAB 10.1

I get this error when attempting to sync the audio:

[ERRO] Unable to read file ‘C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-aeneas.txt’
[ERRO] Make sure the file path is written/escaped correctly and that you have read permission on it

Thank you for any help!

Can you give can you give the full output from the command prompt?

When you right click on that file in the first error message and choose Properties what do you get.

Thanks for the reply!
Info from the cmd prompt below:

* Audio-Text Synchronization with aeneas *

Version    : 1.7.3
File Count : 28

* MAT 01 *

Audio   : 40-MAT-01.mp3
Phrases : Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-aeneas.txt
Output  : Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-timing.txt
Head    : None
Tail    : None

C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral>C:\Python37-32\python -m aeneas.tools.execute_task "C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\Ellis Ministry\Scripture Engagement\Scripture Engagement Media\Audio\Rral\Rral Audio Scripture\40-MAT-Compressed\40-MAT-01.mp3" "C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-aeneas.txt" "task_language=eo|is_text_type=parsed|os_task_file_format=tsv|task_adjust_boundary_algorithm=percent|task_adjust_boundary_percent_value=50" "C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Timings\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-timing.txt" --skip-validator
[WARN] The default input encoding is not UTF-8.
[WARN] You might want to set 'PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8' in your shell.
[WARN] The default output encoding is not UTF-8.
[WARN] You might want to set 'PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8' in your shell.
[ERRO] Unable to read file 'C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-01-aeneas.txt'
[ERRO] Make sure the file path is written/escaped correctly and that you have read permission on it

Time Elapsed: 00:00:01
  • I didn’t include the rest of the CMD prompt because it says the same thing for the rest of the files…and it exceeded the character limit.

• What file are you referring to in the first error message? Thank you,

Casey

The above file is what I was wanting you to look at the properties for.

I edited your post to save me and everyone else a lot of scrolling. :slightly_smiling_face: I only needed to see one chapters output.

When you type:

where python

What output do you get?

Some one else had a similar issue. We did not find the cause. But he uninstalled the aeneas with Python 3 and reinstalled with Python 2 (not our recommendation) and then it worked for him.

Here are the results to the input: “where python”

C:\Python37-32\python.exe
C:\Python27\python.exe
C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python.exe

C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral>

That file does not exist in the directory you name. I see that file for our GEN and MRK recordings which were synced just fine. The only file I see in that directory for MAT is a .bat file named, “sync-02-MAT”

I also tried uninstalling Python 3 and using the older version of Aeneas which uses Python 2, and it still didn’t work. I’m not sure what to try next.

I tried re-installing SAB and Aeneas. I still get errors:

*** MAT 28 ***

Audio : 40-MAT-28.mp3
Phrases : Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-28-aeneas.txt
Output : Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-28-timing.txt
Head : None
Tail : None

C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral>C:\Python37-32\python -m aeneas.tools.execute_task “C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\Ellis Ministry\Scripture Engagement\Scripture Engagement Media\Audio\Rral\Rral Audio Scripture\40-MAT-Compressed\40-MAT-28.mp3” “C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-28-aeneas.txt” “task_language=eo|is_text_type=parsed|os_task_file_format=tsv|task_adjust_boundary_algorithm=percent|task_adjust_boundary_percent_value=50” “C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Timings\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-28-timing.txt” --skip-validator
[WARN] The default input encoding is not UTF-8.
[WARN] You might want to set ‘PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8’ in your shell.
[WARN] The default output encoding is not UTF-8.
[WARN] You might want to set ‘PYTHONIOENCODING=UTF-8’ in your shell.
[ERRO] Unable to read file ‘C:\Users\SIL North Ambrym\Documents\App Builder\Scripture Apps\Phrases\org.wycliffebibletranslators.tuuankon.rral\Tuuankon ne Yafukon-02-MAT-28-aeneas.txt’

Time Elapsed: 00:00:15

Hi Carey,
If you still need help with this, can you post the project somewhere for me? Share to andrew_shafe@sil.org
Blessings,
Andrew
SAB Support