Hide Book Group Title

Does anyone know if the Book Group heading (not sure that’s what it’s called) can be removed or hidden? I thought this was possible but I don’t see any place in SAB or in the styles where I can check or uncheck a setting. I have tried deleting the Group dropdown list in the individual books but that doesn’t work.

Nor have I been able to successfully alter a Styles or CSS to effect this group listing. I want to hide the list title “New Testament”. I may have just over looked it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I don’t know how to get rid of them entirely, but with the Interface tool you can make them whatever you want. E.g. in this app we always wanted the group titles to appear in the local language (except if the interface was in English), so in other interface languages we just put the titles in the local language:

It says the UI is French, but those titles appear in the local language when the UI is in French.

I haven’t tried this, but you could try deleting those strings (making them empty). I would guess that that would give you an empty space in the book menu, which may not be what you want, but you could give it a try.

Great idea Jeff, and it worked perfectly! THANKS.

Part of the challenge was figuring out where the phrase was coming from and what it was defined as. I wonder if the developers could generate an app that show what a phrase was defined as and where it was located in the build for editing. For example:

Just thinking “out loud”.

This would also be useful for the CSS styles as well.

Yes, very much agree to that too.