Highlighting Cross-references

Beloved friends,
SAB highlighting feature is one of the best features. However, as it is shown in the attached screenshot, the highlight is highlighting Cross-references too while only verse(s) are expected to be highlighted. How to fix this.

Thank you

One possibility…In USFM format you can have really nice cross-references with the \x…\x* marker, check it out here. Then SAB makes them clickable popup info boxes, and aeneas knows that they are not part of the text.

If you don’t want to use \x on the other hand, not sure if there’s a way to say to aeneas “don’t read these marks…”

Thank you for your reply.
I think I’ve used the markers correctly as it is popup perfectly as intended. However the highlighting part is not working as intended.

The \x notation is built to go inside the verse at the spot of the xref - the way you have it with the addition of the asterisks and verse numbers inside the verse text, the references are showing up as belonging to the text itself.

For verse 30 above, for example, try this:

\v 30 Faarfannaa galataa erga faarfatanii immoo gara aara ejersaatti ol ba'an \x - \xo Mt 26:30: \xt Far 113-118.\x.

Then the xrefs are hidden until the user clicks on the xref indicator.

(Also I think if you make the double dash between 113 and 118 a single it will format the whole link correctly. If you have this in the USFM and it needs to stay that way, you can make it a blanket change with the Changes tab in SAB. )

Thank you again for your reply.

This is the code used. This is used due to the nature of its printed version. Any fix please.

\v 26 Utuu nyaachaa jiranii, Yesus buddeena fuudhee, eebbisee cabsees bartoota isaatiif kennee, “Fudhadhaa nyaadhaa, kun dhagna koo ti!” jedhe*.
\v 27 Xoofoos fudhatee Waaqayyoof galata galchee, isaaniifis kennee, “Hundumti keessan kanattii dhugaa!
\v 28 Kun dhiiga koo ti, dhiigni kun kakuu dhaabate sana cimsuudhaaf, dhiifamuu cubbuu namoota baay’eetiif dhangala’a*.
\v 29 Ammaa jalqabee hamma guyyaa gaafa ani mootummaa abbaa koo keessatti isa haaraa isinii wajjin dhugutti, deebi’ee daadhii waynii kanaattii akkan hin dhugne isinittan hima” jedhe.
\v 30 Faarfannaa galataa erga faarfatanii immoo gara gaara ejersaatti ol ba’an*.
\li 26 \xt 14:19; 1Qor 10:16\xt
\li 28 \xt 20:28; Bau 24:8; Er 31:31-34; Ibr 9:20\xt
\li 30 \xt Far 113-118\xt

Unfortunately what you are working with is non-standard USFM. There’s no effortless way to put this back together correctly. You would literally have to move it all around like this:

\v 26 Utuu nyaachaa jiranii, Yesus buddeena fuudhee, eebbisee cabsees bartoota isaatiif kennee, “Fudhadhaa nyaadhaa, kun dhagna koo ti!” jedhe\xt 14:19; 1Qor 10:16\xt*.
\v 27 Xoofoos fudhatee Waaqayyoof galata galchee, isaaniifis kennee, “Hundumti keessan kanattii dhugaa!
\v 28 Kun dhiiga koo ti, dhiigni kun kakuu dhaabate sana cimsuudhaaf, dhiifamuu cubbuu namoota baay’eetiif dhangala’a\xt 20:28; Bau 24:8; Er 31:31-34; Ibr 9:20\xt*.
\v 29 Ammaa jalqabee hamma guyyaa gaafa ani mootummaa abbaa koo keessatti isa haaraa isinii wajjin dhugutti, deebi’ee daadhii waynii kanaattii akkan hin dhugne isinittan hima” jedhe.
\v 30 Faarfannaa galataa erga faarfatanii immoo gara gaara ejersaatti ol ba’an\xt Far 113-118\xt*.
\c 28
\v 1…

I’m assuming you receive the text like this from a translation team. The \x notation does a few cool things both to paper printing in the typesetting process and in app making that work better than the markup they are using here. I believe your best option is to go back to the team you’re getting this from and explain the value of using the USFM as it was designed, and get them to do the blanket changes to make the xrefs inside the verses.

Alternately, if they are married to this, you can go in and fine-tune the timings to eliminate these, but you are going to be doing that at the end of every chapter in which you have xrefs.

There may be another thought out there from those with more experience either in timings or USFM.

I really thank you for your help. The translators preferred to put list of cross references at the end of each paragraph.