How to handle timing files for verses numbers already split

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, I only have the usx files. It look like this:

I’d rather not mess with the source files as we would have to do that every time the text is updated.
I found the text in an English sfm file I have which is divided the same way and has the same footnote:
\q1 “Who has known the mind of the Lord
\q2 so as to instruct him?”\f + \fr 2:16 \ft \xt Isaiah 40:13\f*
\m But we have the mind of Christ.
*edit: I realise now your suggestion is to change in Paratext, not change the sfm in Notepad. I am not on the translation team and don’t have Paratext, but I can suggest it to the translators.

I just looked at one of my phrase files, and footnote callers are normally ignored for the phrase files. But maybe the are not being correctly interpreted for the highlighting. It could be that it’s confused by the RTL use of ] for opening the OT quote and the [ for closing the OT quote. But does the opening bracket correctly highlight with 16a, or is the bracket not included in the highlighting?

It wouldn’t be the first time being RTL has complicated things :tired_face: but it does include the bracket correctly at the start:

I found another example of it not working and there is a pattern. If you have punctuation, bracket, asterisk it treats the bracket and asterisk as a phrase:

If it is at the end of a verse, which it normally is, it does not cause a problem:

But if it has bracket, asterisk, punctuation it works correctly, even when mid-verse:

But this is a question about the quotation, there is no question mark in the quotation, like this:
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,
“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”[a]?
Or again,
“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”[b]?

Do you think I should ask the translators to add a,b,c labels into Paratext?

Ian @mcquayi and @richard, has Craig supplied enough information here to submit a bug report? Let us know if this needs to be posted elsewhere to get these bugs fixed for all our RTL projects.

I have submitted a bug report for the verses split by a section header.

If it is a different topic. Here is a template to fill in.

*Source*: 
*Cause*: 
*Issue*: 
*Expected*: 
*Workaround*: 
*Note*: 
*Affects version*: 
*Priority*: low medium high

1 Like

I think @CraigN is the one who can fill in the template, assuming this is a different kind of bug that needs to be reported.

What @CraigN reported is indeed a different error, which I have developed more fully here:

I have also posted a bug report for the developers.