How to split a quote that is interrupted by a "he said"

I got this question from a user regarding some quoted speech by Peter in Acts 5:9:

We wanted to split that bit, because although it's a single quote, 
there's a "said Peter" (/hoe ty Petera/) in the middle, which they'd 
like the narrator to say. I saw there's a "Insert ‘He said’" on the 
right, but I couldn't get it to do anything, maybe there's something I'm 
not seeing?

Most writing systems that use quotation marks would end the quote before the interruption to identify the speaker and then re-open them. If the text were marked up this way, then Glyssen would automatically split it into three parts and correctly assign the speaker and narrator to the corresponding parts. (However, because the reference text is not broken up that way, Glyssen won’t be able to match up all the parts automatically.) However, there are languages that do use this convention of allowing an interruption without actually marking it up with closing and opening quotation marks.
The correct thing to do in this case is to split the block manually by selecting the block and then clicking the split icon on the toolbar:
Location%20of%20split%20icon%20on%20toolbar
In the Split Block dialog box, do the following:

1. Click the locations in the text where you want to split the block.
  2. Optionally, select the correct characters for each piece. (If you don’t do that here, you can do it afterwards in the Identify Speaking Parts dialog box).
  3. Click OK

In the Identify Speaking Parts dialog box, manually edit the reference text so that it corresponds to the vernacular blocks. You should end up with something like this:
9%20reference%20text%20matchup

In this case, since the reference text already contained the “Peter asked her”, it was easy enough to cut it and paste into the correct cell. However, if the vernacular text contains an extra “he said” that is not in the reference text at all, you will typically end up with a blank cell in the reference text, with the character set as narrator. Although you can click Apply in this case and leave it blank, it may not be so obvious later during recording or post-production what this block is (especially if the technicians assisting with these tasks do not speak the vernacular). Therefore, Glyssen provides the Insert “He said” button to quickly and easily insert the “he said” text into the blank reference text cell. (If the speaker were to be female, a group, or a person identified by name, as is the case in this example, you might want to edit it to say “she said”, “they said”, or “Peter said”, but this is not usually necessary.)
Note that the Insert “He said” button won’t do anything if the character is set to an actual biblical character (i.e., a “speaking part”). This is to help prevent mistakes, because it wouldn’t make sense to have Peter say, “he said.”