SAB v10.0 was released yesterday. It requires JDK 11 and Android 12 SDK.
There are wizards to assist with installing these. I never had a problem using these wizards to download from the Mac app during development, but today … now it gives the error “Received fatal alert: handshake_failure” when attempting to download. I am looking into it. In the mean time, you can work around this by:
- Download JDK 11 .dmg from Azul Zulu Download page
- Open DMG and install to default location
- In SAB, open Preferences (command-comma), in Code Libraries tab, Browse to:
- Go to Android SDK Command line tools download page and download zip file for Mac.
- Create a directory (like AndroidSDK in your home folder) and unzip the zip to there (will extract
- In a terminal window,
cdto the AndroidSDK folder
- run this command in the terminal window
cmdline-tools/bin/sdkmanager "platforms;android-31" "build-tools;32.0.0" "platform-tools" --verbose --sdk_root=$HOME/AndroidSDK
- In SAB, open preferences, go to Android SDK tab, browse to the new folder.