iOS verse on image bug for RTL text

I’m so excited to see verse on image in iOS apps, and eager to release an update app with this feature, but first it needs just a little fix to make it work right for RTL text. At present, the final punctuation is incorrectly positioned at the right-side end of the bottom line of text, like this:

1 Like

@ChrisHubbard or @david_moore1, would this simply require SAB to append an RTL mark (U+200F) to the verse text?

In the verse on image editor, if you double-tap on the text, it allows you to modify the text. (Not such a bad thing IMHO that this isn’t more obvious, as we generally don’t want people modifying the text…) Can you find a way to insert an RTL mark in the text there? I don’t know of a keyboard that can type that, but you could create one! Or insert the RTL mark in the text on a computer, and transfer the text to your phone and paste it in.

Obviously this isn’t a particularly easy solution, but it might be a work-around for now, and you could potentially tell the SAB developers exactly where the RTL mark needs to be inserted. E.g. should it be after the period or before? How should it deal with quotes? And then SAB should be able to insert those marks when it sees punctuation in a verse that comes from a Collection that has Text Direction set to Right to Left.

And we would all benefit from your hard work… :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, on my Android apps, the period seems to appear on the correct side of the text. Do iOS and Android handle RTL differently in HTML?

@david_moore1 will be looking into this. Thanks!

1 Like

A change has been made to correct this issue and will be available in the next release. Let me know if you would like a beta version with the change.

1 Like