Issues in sharing the app from Share menu (phone to phone sharing)

Hello friends,

I got the below issue reported from the field. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

I wanted to report this issue I’ve been facing with sharing from within the app through Shareit or Xender. I’m using Huauai Honor 6 and Samsung Galaxi 5 note. Android system 7.0

Here’s my observation upon the attempt to share through Shareit:

• Open the Bible App,
  • Select Share App from the side menu,
  • Share the Installation file
  • Select Shareit
  • I get the message “Transferring such a content type is not supported”

Upon using Xender:

• Open the Bible App,
  • Select Share App from the side menu,
  • Share the Installation file
  • Select Shareit
  • I get the message “Sorry, the resource cannot resolved."

Thanks for the report.

I have noticed some Social media platforms won’t send .APK files. But ShareIt and Xender not sending that type of file is disappointing.

Can anyone else give details of sharing program and sender and receiver version and success or failure? This would help us build a more complete profile.

Another Shareit Android 7 user said that for that version you have to manually turn on a Wifi Hotspot on the receiving phone get the sharing phone to connect to the hotspot then send.
Shareit can no longer turn on the hotspot for you. A new security standard.

Thanks mcquayi for sharing this info. Not sure turning on the Wi-Fi hotspot on the receiving phone helped in the case of sharing using Huyaui honor 6. What happens is that once I click Share App and select Xender, I get the “Sorry, the resource cannot resolved." I don’t think any sending attempt happened yet. I’m not an expert but it looks like something with either the configuration/connection roles between the SAB and Xender that’s preventing Xender to fetch the file to send.