Making changes to pictures

I am printing some draft copies of translation for proofing. In the process, I am trying to make some changes to picture formatting that were requested after the last printing. When I make changes to the picture settings, the changes remain even when I try to make a different change. For example, I tried italics for the picture captions and then small caps. I decided I wanted just italics and not small caps. When I unchecked the “small caps” box, the pdfs continued to print with the captions in small caps. I had to delete and reinstall the software to “undo” that setting. I am having a similar problem with other changes such as deleting pictures (they continue to show up), changing from span width to column width, and changing location. The only way to “erase” the old information seems to be by uninstalling and then re-installing the software. If someone could please point me in the direction of information on how to delete the temporary information so that the new changes for pictures will take effect, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Hi @cockatoo ! Thanks for your question. Apologies that the Style editor for picture captions isn’t behaving as expected. You shouldn’t have to uninstall and re-install PTXprint to make it work as expected! (However, I have sometimes experienced the PicList editor and/or the Style Editor getting hopelessly confused – at which point, I close and re-open PTXprint before continuing to work with it.)

Please ensure you’ve got the latest version (2.2 or later) as there were some improvements made in that area relatively recently. [I think there are *still* some bugs lurking there, but they are proving hard to track down, so please bear with us!]

If you wish to manually tweak the settings files (behind the scenes), then first make sure that PTXprint is closed, otherwise any changes you make could easily be overwritten. I trust that this image helps you work out what needs to be tweaked.