Messaging other users connected to the project

I noticed that there is a button to message other users on Scripture Forge. However, when i click it I get this message:
Click Communication Settings to setup messaging.

Unfortunately, I cannot find “Communications Settings” anywhere. What am I missing?

From your project dashboard (shows a list of all your texts), click the gear icon and select Project Settings, then click the Communication Settings tab. To enable email messaging, fill in the last 2 fields and click Save. If you want to send txt (SMS) messages you will need a Twilio account, then fill in the first 3 fields and click Save.

Thank you for your response, I am traveling at the moment, not always in reach of internet.

However, I do not have a Communication Settings tab. Here is a snip of what I see in the Project settings tab:

Well that is strange. I just had a quick look by temporarily adding myself to your project as a manager and I could see the tab fine. When I get back in the office tomorrow I’ll figure out why you can’t. If you need the communication settings sooner rather than later email with the details you want for email reply address and email reply name and I’ll add them.

Hi Ira,

Thank you for looking into this, if you could add my details in that would be great, so at least the contributors can contact me from within the Site.

My Email Reply Address: Peter_knapp@sil.org
My Email Reply Name: Peter Knapp

The fact that I cannot see communication settings but you can does that mean that it is either related to the browser or to my login? I am usually using Chrome, but I also tried it on Internet Explorer. And on the Chrome browser on my tablet. None show a communications settings tab.

Thanks for your help.
Peter

I’ve added your email details in the Communications Settings tab. Unfortunately, the feature doesn’t work as you have described - Contributors won’t be able to send you emails from within the website. The feature was designed to allow managers to message some or all of the project members, e.g. to let them know a new question or text has been added. So the communication is designed to be one-way only.

I’ve also done a fix on the server so you should be able to see the tab yourself now. We had previously redefined a role and the permissions for this tab got missed in that change. Sorry about that.

Thank you so much, everything is o.k. now.