Registration in 5.6

Thank you for adding a way to collect information to follow-up with users. It is a great addition to the app.

I have set up registration to test it and cannot get it to work. Every time I try to sign up I get the pop-up window “Sorry, we are unable to sign in to the database server”

Not sure what to do to fix this problem. Thanks!

The registration screen feature requires you to set up a Firebase database. This is currently being tested by a number of SAB users. We are hoping to release an updated version of SAB next week which will contain documentation on how to use it and how to set up your database.

Thanks for the reply. I set up a firebase database, but I must not have set it up the right way.

I appreciate you guys working on this feature.

I am also have the same problem, just used version 6 right now and also stake on Firebase database, i did followed your instruction but still not work.

Please help to fix it out!
Sokha

Welcome to the Scripture Software community, Sokha!

If you have followed section 18 of the SAB ‘Building Apps’ manual, ‘Registration Screen’:

• Have you enabled ‘Anonymous’ as an Authentification Sign-in method?
  • Have you copied the database Rules exactly?
  • Does the phone you are trying it with have reliable internet access?
  • What error message are you getting?
  • Have you enabled ‘Anonymous’ as an Authentification Sign-in method?/ Yes, i did
  • Have you copied the database Rules exactly? I try copy that but where i drop it on rules said error code on the code i copies, where do past that code?
  • Does the phone you are trying it with have reliable internet access? Yes my phone had good access internet
  • What error message are you getting?/ “Sorry, we are unable to sign in to the database server”

#2 Have you copied the database Rules exactly?
Error saving rules - Line 2: mismatched input ‘rules’ expecting {‘function’, ‘service’}

I’ve try again now it still errors, Said "Sorry, we were unable to add this information to the online database.

Thanks,
Sokha

#2 Have you copied the database Rules exactly?
Error saving rules - Line 2: mismatched input ‘rules’ expecting {‘function’, ‘service’}

I’ve try again now it still errors, Said "Sorry, we were unable to add this information to the online database.

Thanks,
Sokha

Here are the rules you need to copy:

{
  "rules": {
    "users": {
      "$uid": {
        ".read": false,
        ".write": "$uid === auth.uid"
      }
    }
  }
}

And this is how it looks on the screen:

When I dropped the copies its say"Error saving rules - Line 1: mismatched input ‘{’ expecting {‘function’, ‘service’, ‘rules_version’} "

Thank you know i got it!

1 Like