SAB 10.1.1 Mac App crash on launch- Appstore rejection

Hello,

Recently built went to update our iOS app with SAB 10.1.1 for mac and got the following notice of rejection. The app is crashing on iPad OS upon launch.

See below:

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we are unable to continue because your app crashed during review. Please review the details below and the attached crash logs, then complete the next steps.

Steps leading to crash:

• When we attempted to switch other page in the book, the app crashed.

Review device details:

• Device type: iPad

• OS version: iOS 16.1

Next Steps

1. Fully symbolicate the crash report. See Adding Identifiable Symbol Names to a Crash Report.

2. Match the crash report to a common pattern. Based on the pattern, take specific actions to further investigate the crash. See Identifying the Cause of Common Crashes.

3. Once you’ve identified the root causes of the crash, make the appropriate changes to the binary to resolve the issue.

4. Test your app on a device to ensure that it runs as expected.

5. Create and submit a new build for review.

I have changed the labelling of your post to not include “SAB Feature Request”. You are reporting a bug.

If you can zip up your project and share a link via a personal message I can look at it and pass it onto the developers if needed.

Yes, thank you. I will do that.

I was able to build your app for the simulator and reproduce the crash. You need to specify the Web Address for the Download Audio File Source

We will look into why it is crashing, but you should be able to work around the issue by providing the correct information.

Chris

Thank you Chris! Remaking the app to republish today!