SAB 7.2 MAC Catalina 10.15.5 SERIOUS PROBLEM

I have just update to SAB 7.2 on my Mac, but SAB launch fails???

@david_moore1 reported this to me. I have been testing this release (includes notarization) for the past 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, i had to run some errands while it was uploading. It was launching fine on my machine. Sigh

I have republished SAB 7.2 for Mac (7/9/20 @ 9pm EDT).

WARNING: If you have a Mac with an external monitor, do not move SAB between monitors. It will likely crash with this error:

Crashed Thread: 22 Java: Java2D Queue Flusher

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
-[NSOpenGLContext setView:] must be called from the main thread.

I spent over a week working around this crash and finally found the solution. I had to rebuild Java to include the patch. However, for some reason, when I included the rebuilt Java Runtime in the mac app, it doesn’t work on other machines than mine. I will work through the Java process to get this fix included in Java 8 (or repackage the Mac app with the Java 11 JRE).

UPDATE (7/28/20): The update has been accepted into Java 8u271. We are waiting for this to be released in Amazon Corretto or another OpenJDK distribution (e.g. Azul Zulu].

Thanks,
Chris

I downloaded SAB again … removed the previous install … installed the new one … I started a launch … verification process started and completed ok … then launch continued but suddenly stopped …I started an other launch … and YES IT WORKED and SAB 7.2 is up on my Mac

1 Like