If you are modifying the source USFM files to add illustrations, then it would be better to use the illustration placement functionality. Double-click on the illustration and then click the “Add Placement…” button to specify where the illustration should be placed.
There were 2 issues that kept it from working:
- You misspelled the src attribute and used scr instead
- There was a space between the | and the first attribute
If I changed the fig to this, then it works.
\fig Keliqǝktǝ, Ⱪana'an zemininiǌ tǝⱪsim ⱪilinisi. |src="btl-ezekiel-division-land-upin.jpg" size="span" ref="Əz. 48"\fig*
EDIT: I checked with Paratext developers and there must not be any space between the vertical bar and the first attribute.