SAB on high resolution monitors

I have a 4k monitor and when I run SAB 8.3 on it everything is so small the program is unusable. There is no workaround with Windows 10 because, no matter how much I rescale Windows SAB doesn’t change. Does anyone have a solution?

I had the same problem. I got this solution from Ian MaQauay.

The issue is in Java 8 rather than SAB. You can run SAB with a Java JRE 9 or 10. Your build still needs to be Java JDK 8. If you change to a version 9 or 10 Java JRE for SAB those Java versions better handle 4K screens.

1 Like

Thanks, Kent! Is there a link to something else I need to install? When I go to java. com / en / download/ it says that the latest version is 8. Am I missing something?

This has gotten complicated. Oracle who most people were getting their Java from, in 2019, changed their licensing. It is much stricter. So we don’t recommend using that distribution any longer as making and distributing app would breach the free license.

The problem is the one we recommend now, Amazon Corretto Java 8 JDK, does not handle 4K (just like the Oracle Java didn’t). But the next version up in Corretto is 11 and it does not work with SAB. They have no 9 or 10. I looked at other Open JDK distributions and they too do not have version 9 or 10 available.

Feel free to get your own legal advice on using a Oracle JRE 9 or 10.

1 Like

Andrew, Try this link.

The licensing seems to say you can use it for free.

1 Like