Suggestions for Changes Gallery

OK, I did what you suggested, changed that to tiny font and applied the change to the frequent word “kiri” as follows:

which resulted in this :

I also tried a different method :

On the left it mentions \Tinyfont … \Tinyfont* as available to use. So I added the following changes in the gallery:

which results in this : image

So, I guess what I am really looking for is how to apply a user-defined style to the text.

I did say “no guarantees”… :slight_smile:

I hadn’t seen that Custom Marker option before. One additional thing you could try is in your Replace string use a double backslash to get a backslash. Sometimes that’s required in Regular Expressions. So “\\TinyFont kiri\\TinyFont*

If that doesn’t work, then someone who is more involved in the development probably needs to weigh in…

leads to

You need to see what’s happening to the code to see why it is rendering the <span ... stuff in the text.
Right click your book and Export to HTML
A folder with the HTML files will open and the book will open in your browser.
Open the relevant HTML file (the files are named by book number, id and chapter e.g. 01-GEN-001.html) in Notepad (I prefer Notepad++) and search for “TinyFont”.

Very helpful tip. Thanks Greg. (brings me back to the Wordperfect 5.1 days :wink:

So, having looked at the html closely and with a little help from a friend, found the solution :

First little problem is if the custom markers starts with a t, which as I understood in html is then confused with the tab character. So I added a z in front. The .3em should results in 30% of a normal size, but it really depends of the font you are using. In fact I don’t think the html preview screen in the chrome browser under windows 10 uses the Charis SIL Compact font that most will use. By using . Using .5em with the Charis SIL Compact font in the App approaches in my opinion the way it looks in printed french books / Bibles.

The changes line looks as follows

Second point of attention is the custom marker. It starts with a backslash, so another backslash is required for regex to not see it as a special regex-character. The same with the * at the end.
This now results in

which looks as follows in the app

Thanks you all for your contributions to arrive at this solution. Je suis très content. Merci