Text acting funny in 3 language verse-by=verse layout

I have tried adding another language to our app. The app handles the text correctly everywhere except the 3 language verse-by-verse option, and even then only if the language is 2nd or 3rd.
The offending letter is in most of the words, but I’ve underlined examples where the words are the same in both dialects for comparison (S for Sorani, the main language of the app. H for Hewrami, the dialect I am trying to add):

Here is the way it should look, when Hewrami is the first language:

This letter is often problematic in Kurdish, they use it as a vowel which never connects to the following letter but other languages using the same alphabet use is as a consonant (h) which does connect to the following letter. There are 2 different unicode characters which normally look the same but behave differently.

I can fix the problem with the Changes feature or by asking the translators to try a different Unicode character but I thought I would mention it here for the developers to look at as the app does something different with the 2nd and 3rd languages.

My guess is that the texts 1 & 2 are using different fonts? Can you try making both of them the same font, and see if they at least appear consistently? I assume the Sorani appears correctly in both because it uses the code points where it always gets the right character, but Hewrami doesn’t? (Since you said you can run changes to get H to appear properly as well.)

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you mean the Text Font in Books>Hewrami>Styles? I have them all set to Font 1 which is Scheherazade apart from English which is Font 2, Andika.
Or is there a setting elsewhere that dictates the fonts for the verse-by-verse layout?

I’m not actually sure where the different fonts are defined, and don’t really have the time to research it right now. But what I do know is that the same characters displayed in the same font should be the same. :slight_smile: So it seems like there must be some difference in font there. Can you send the Unicode character codes that make up those underlined words? That may eventually help in understanding the situation.

As far as I know, you only define the fonts by book collection.
In Styles, you can define a certain font for random things like footnotes or Words of Jesus. There is a ‘verse-by-verse’ item in Styles and you can choose a font (presumably this overrides the font you choose for the book collection), but not a different font for each (ie font1 for the 1st, font2 for the 2nd), so that doesn’t help me here.
I am quite sure it is all the same font anyway, I just thought it might be that as any explanations about how different unicode characters interact with each other doesn’t explain why it works as the 1st language but not as the 2nd or 3rd. I’ll try to find the codes for them anyway to see if that helps.

As far as I know, you only define the fonts by book collection.
In Styles, you can define a certain font for random things like footnotes or Words of Jesus. There is a ‘verse-by-verse’ item in Styles and you can choose a font, but not a different font for each language/collection, so that doesn’t help me here.
I am quite sure it is all the same font anyway, I just thought that might be the problem as any explanations about how different unicode characters interact with each other doesn’t explain why it works as the 1st language but not as the 2nd or 3rd.
The character that Kurdish uses as a vowel (e) is ە (U+06D5).
The one they use a consonant (h) is ه (U+0647).