Video Placement not SAVING

I selected the Jesus film clips for my app. When I enter the placement information on the placement tab for any clip, then close that box and save the app, When I re-open the placement tab the placement settings are all blank.

Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

Can anyone give me hints on setting up the Jesus Film clips. They import in the Video list ok, but when I enter the placement information in the Placement tab, the information is not saved after I hit ok. When I reopen the placement tab it always is empty like this.

I think I am missing an undocumented step in setting up streaming of J Film clips. Any ideas,

Desperate, rg

I already updated to SAB v 8.2

Hi Roger, when you choose JESUS film clips, it should set the chapter and vers placement information automatically, assuming you have Luke’s Gospel.

But even if you don’t have Luke’s Gospel, you should be able to modify the placement information manually. This looks to be working, so it might be a problem that is related to your project and data. If you can send us a demo project, we can try and reproduce and fix it. Thanks!

Looking at your .appdef file the placement information is stored in the appdef file. The issue seems to be that when you edit the file the stored information is not loaded except for the collection. So that is a bug I will write up.

<video id="VJF_NOD_16" width="480" height="270">
      <thumbnail>1_jf6116-0-0.videoStill.jpg</thumbnail>
      <online-url>https://api.arclight.org/videoPlayerUrl?refId=1_21118-jf6116-0-0&amp;apiSessionId=5f88db47872ca0.28668039&amp;player=bc.vanilla5&amp;dtm=0&amp;playerStyle=vanilla</online-url>
      <placement pos="after" ref="NT Thai Script|LUK 7:17"/>
    </video>

The placement element containing the ref attribute stores the information
It is all there.

Ian

This has been fixed in SAB 8.3. It was due to spaces in the book collection ID.