Welcome screens - Training the first users with the app functions

Hi,

Most of our app readers created by SAB are first time readers. They never saw a scripture app and dont even know where to start or how to use it. I would like to request the ability to display some sort of Introductions screens for the first time or two they open the app. This would help them in their next steps.

Ideally, the ‘introduction’ would be configured through SAB and we could select different template of ‘introductions’. Here are some initial thoughts:

• How to search
  • What to read for the first time
  • How to navigate
  • How to highlight and share
  • How to contact us

What do you all think SAB community?

Cheers,

Francoz

1 Like

Not a bad idea. :+1:

I also think this is a great idea!

I’ve thought a little about this and ways to get something to work in place of this until an app tour/introduction feature is added. A couple ideas include:

• Create an “introduction” synchronized audio/picture book where the pictures are edited screenshots highlighting different functions. You could have a narrator describe the pictures. And the app could by default open to this introduction book.
  • Create a Youtube Video or video for posting Facebook page specifically for the app. You could include a link to this video in the about page or as a footer in certain places.
1 Like

I too would like to see this happen.

I agree. Maybe a tutorial like the one in Bible Me (not allowed to post links yet, but if you search this title on Google Play Store it should be among the first to popup) when you open the app for the first time.

Good idea to have a “Getting started” tour

definitely plus one.

@ChrisHubbard, @mcquayi is this likely to be released in upcoming SAB or this year?

I would love to see this feature!