Becomes more sluggish with USB headset

Hi again,

Have you tried disabling the laptop computer build-in mic?

HT slowed down whenever I plugged in a USB mic (headset in my case). Bought another headset to test, same result. What I mean by sluggish or slowed down was the time it takes for the words to organize itself after advancing to next segment, and the time for the record to start after pushing the record button.

Double clicking the mic icon on the bottom right of HT, I verified that my USB mic was default with the green check. After I disabled the build-in mic, that I found HT ran at the same speed as with only the build-in, ie before plugging the USB mic.

I was running 2.0.121 but after 2.0.127 upgrade, was basically the same.

Another thing. It would be nice to have a bit more gain for the microphone. I have my mic level (set in Sounds) to be maxed and still need to speak with a slightly louder than normal voice to get voice I want in playback. It works well enough, but if at a later revision, that could be addressed, that would be nice. In this way, there is enough play with mic gain for allow for soft spoken readers.

John

John,

I disabled the built-in-mic and it sped up the text animation that occurs while switching between lines, and it also reduced the lag time between pressing the space bar and recording. I think this has solved my problem. I had wanted to use my Samsung tablet to record using the HT app, but the same lag was happening. There is no way to “disable” the tablet mic to us the external usb mic fed to the tablet through an OTG cable, is there? Thank you for the help guys!

I’m not sure, but it is possible that the latest version of HearThis (desktop) now solves the problem that made it necessary on some computers to disable the built-in mic in order to use an external mic and get good quality recordings. If those of you who have had this problem in the past can check and see whether version 2.0.134 indeed fixes the problem, it would be helpful to note that in this topic.