Background audio not working in Picture Story Book apps built with SAB 9.0.1 or later

I’m posting this here on the forum, because it seems that this bug has gotten missed since I reported it in December (Ticket 97569 - in this ticket there is a sample app project that can be used for testing)

When using SAB 9.0.1 or later to build a picture story book app that contains background audio, the background audio gets messed up. The background audio either won’t play, sometimes the background audio will play but the audio that should play on top of it won’t play, and sometimes the app crashes.

I have downloaded and installed SAB 8.6.6, and for picture story book apps built with this version of SAB the background audio plays perfectly. I downloaded and installed SAB 9.0.1 and 9.2.4 and for picture story book apps built with both of these SAB versions the background audio is messed up.

Thanks for your help!
Neil

It’s so good to see that this bug is fixed in SAB 10.0. Thank you so much!! :heart:

Unfortunately, there is still a small bug remaining… If you click to play the audio on a particular page, the background audio won’t begin playing until after the page has turned to the next page (I have automatic page turning turned on). I tested this in two separate apps and the behaviour is the same in both apps.

Hi @richard,

I just downloaded the latest version of SAB (10.1) and see that the small background audio bug is still there (If you click to play the audio on a particular page, the background audio won’t begin playing until after the page has turned to the next page). If I build the app as an iOS app, there is no bug… it only exists in the Android build. I also now discovered that by toggling the app’s audio button off and then back on, the bug is resolved for that page and the background audio will play.

Thanks for your help with this :slight_smile:

I just built the app with SAB 10.1.1. Audio is working perfect! Thanks so much for this fix! :blush: