Bugs in new PWA feature (SAB 11.2)

Navigation Drawer image doesn’t change

When we are building a PWA for a second SAB project, the first project’s Navigation drawer appears there, even though the second project has a different navigation drawer image.

Sometimes part of the footer text, or the copyright text appears at the beginning of first verse for each book. And it appears even after removing the footer and copyright text in the project. The PWA was re-built after deleting existing files and clearing the temporary files.

@richard

The external links are changed for the second project, but the About page appears is same as the first project.

@shalom Please try clearing the cache in the browser for that site (localhost:4073). Unfortunately, we don’t have a way to do this programmatically (I looked). I would really like to know how!.

To do this:

1. right-click on the browser and select “Inspect”
  2. select the “Application” tab at the top of the DevTools windows
  3. storage should be selected by default. click on the “clear site data” button on the right
  4. refresh the browser page

Let me know if this addresses your concern.

Chris

We tried clearing the cache using your above instructions, but still the Navigation drawer, About page and the copyright appearing at the top of first chapter is still there.

But when we tried to build the PWA and run it in another browser it came well (with correct navigation image and about page), but still the copyright info is there.

Unfortunately, there are certain resources like the navigation drawer graphic and the about page (which is a static generated page) that get cached in-between apps since you are viewing them at the same port.

There is also a “Clear Site Data” extension in the Chrome web store that you can use to clear the cache for http://localhost:4173 where the app is run.

I will ask other developers to see if there is a way to programmatically clear the cache or launch in an incognito window. If anyone knows, please let me know.

If this doesn’t fix the issue with the copyright and footer, please let me know. That might be a separate issue.

Thanks,
Chris

The PWA is run from the terminal using npm run preview -- --open. Based on the documentation for vite.preview, I should be able to set BROWSER_ARGS="--incognito" but I can’t get this to work on my Mac.

Chris