Can't upload to App Store because app is "Missing Purpose String in Info.plist"

Hi,
I am trying to release a new app (built with SAB 8.4) to Apple App Store, but after successfully delivered the .IPA file, Apple notified me via email that they identified the following issue(s) with my app and that I should correct it and then upload it again.

ITMS-90683: Missing Purpose String in Info.plist - Your app’s code references one or more APIs that access sensitive user data. The app’s Info.plist file should contain a NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. Starting Spring 2019, all apps submitted to the App Store that access user data are required to include a purpose string. If you’re using external libraries or SDKs, they may reference APIs that require a purpose string. While your app might not use these APIs, a purpose string is still required. You can contact the developer of the library or SDK and request they release a version of their code that doesn’t contain the APIs. Learn more (Protecting the User’s Privacy | Apple Developer Documentation).

Any idea on how can I fix this?

I had to re-release SAB 8.4 on Monday 1/18. The one built on Friday 1/15 was missing resources necessary for building iOS apps. Can you check in the about box to see which one you have? It should show:

If you are using the Verse On Image feature (which you really should for iOS … it will help with the app not being rejected for “just being a book”), then SAB automatically includes these usage strings.

EDIT: Looking at this closer, it looks like you might not have the feature turned on but Apple recognizes that the code is present. I think we are always adding the code. For now, I would turn on the feature (and add some backgrounds). We can see about making it optional for the next release.

If you want me to check the IPA file, you could share it with me by uploading it to Google Drive or Dropbox and sharing the link with me at chris underscore hubbard at sil dot org.

Thanks,
Chris