Combine sentences to make longer recording blocks

I know with things like Render and Bible Storying, recording focuses on longer pericopes than single sentences as a best practice for naturalness in audio recording, yet a sentence seems to be the longest segment that HearThis can handle. I would like the ability to combine segments and record them together recursively, to make recording segment as long or short as I or my team thinks necessary.
I’m also remote, and would like to be able to share these different combinations with my team from here. Not sure how simple that piece would be.

There is currently only one way to turn off the logic to break on the default sentence-ending punctuation. It can currently only be done by changing a settings file because it is not yet exposed in the user interface (though I keep hoping to finish that). However, that setting makes it break up the text verse-by-verse. So in order for that to help you, you would need to use “verse bridges”. For example, rather than marking each verse in a paragraph, you could put a single verse bridge at the start of the paragraph to say which verses were covered by that paragraph. That is generally less than ideal for written Scriptures, but it might work fine for your purposes. If you think it would serve your needs, I can send you instructions for how to tweak the settings. (If you’re doing it for your whole project, it’s very simple. If you’re only wanting it for certain passages, it might be better to wait for the UI to make it easier.)

Alternatively, you might just want to look at a different product: Audio Project Manager

Thanks, Tom. I was already considering looking into Audio Project Manager to see if it would work well for this kind of thing. Briefly looking at it, it seemed to be based on tools designed for Render, so I wasn’t sure how well it would work for creating Audio versions of text.

It is a bit different from the Render approach. I’m not an expert (and I think the experts are currently busy at EMDC), but I understand it is considerably more flexible. I know it does allow for a more hybrid approach with both text and audio, but I’m pretty fuzzy on the details.