Help! App crashing with latest release

I updated an app (spelling & editing - no change in features) and uploaded to Google Play. New installations now immediately crash (at least on two phones we’ve tested).

The reported crash error on Play Console is: * java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError

I get no errors when I compile the .aab for Google Play.

The full dump of the error is:

Exception java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$4.done (AsyncTask.java:415)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion (FutureTask.java:381)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException (FutureTask.java:250)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run (FutureTask.java:269)
at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run (AsyncTask.java:305)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:644)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:1012)
Caused by java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: library “libfntmangr.so” not found
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0 (Runtime.java:1082)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0 (Runtime.java:1003)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary (System.java:1661)
at org.sil.app.lib.common.c.c.initLibrary (c.java:1)
at org.sil.app.lib.common.c.c.deobfuscate (c.java:1)
at org.sil.app.lib.common.FileManagerCommon.loadStringFromInputStream (FileManagerCommon.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.common.FileManager.loadStringFromCompressedFile (FileManager.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.DataManager.loadStringAndDecrypt (DataManager.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.DataManager.parseConfigFile (DataManager.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.DataManager.loadConfig (DataManager.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.DataManager.loadLibrary (DataManager.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.BaseActivity$LoadDataTask.doInBackground (BaseActivity.java:1)
at org.sil.app.android.scripture.BaseActivity$LoadDataTask.doInBackground (BaseActivity.java:1)
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.call (AsyncTask.java:394)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run (FutureTask.java:264)

P.S. There are at least 20 versions on my computer of ‘libfntmangr.so’ which seems to be the culprit.
P.P.S. I have updated and restarted SAB to no avail - 3 uploaded versions so far have failed

Here are a few questions:

• You are using SAB 11.1.1?
  • Which platform (Windows, macOS, Linux) are you building the app?
  • Are you building and publishing an APK or AAB?
  • Is the same thing happening if you build an APK and upload it to your own device?
  • Is this crash happening for all devices or just certain devices?
  • If certain devices, can you tell what the architecture is (arm, arm64, intel, intel64)?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Build release 121
Windows
AAB
APK works on Bluestack
Crashed on a Samsung q4q and Pixel 6a, but in next version, Samsung worked, and another Samsung works.
Works on Bluestack App player windows emulator
Doesn’t install on Huwawei (but used to) - Cortext processor
So seems Cortex and Snapdragon processors not working

Oh, now it is working on Pixel 6a :slight_smile:

So, emergency over. But what is the moral? My guess - restarting SAB did the trick but it took time for the distribution of the new upload to Google Play to trickle across the country (Australia, different states)?

Thanks for answering my plea, Chris

FYI, the most recent build of Scripture App Builder is 11.1.1 Build Release 122 (19-Dec. 2023).

If it consistently crashing one device, then we would need to get a logcat of the crash to start looking at it.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for the logcat info Chris. Yes, using 11.1.1 - at least that’s what I downloaded - the Help screen about doesn’t display the last decimal point number, just the build release and the first decimal (11.1) - maybe it would be helpful if it displayed the whole number so that users could report their version more accurately?

Actually, you have the previous version which is 11.1 and the newer version is 11.1.1. Those are two different versions.

How about that. I’d downloaded 1.11.1 but I guess I didn’t install it! All good now, thanks!!