"negative" page numbers?

I had a PTXPrint job where I had a PDF file of cover, blank back of cover, title and credit pages that I included as a front matter PDF, and PTXPrint counted all of those pages when it was deciding what page numbers to use for the text. So in other words, it counted the cover and the blank back of cover as pages 1 and 2, the title and credits pages as 3 and 4, so it started the text on page 5. Counting the cover and back of cover is not what you would want. But the only place I found to adjust that was the Starting Page Number on the Header + Footer tab, and it would only allow the number to go as low as 1. If I have cover and back of cover in the front matter PDF, I would like to set that number to -1, but that isn’t allowed. Should it be allowed to let it be a negative number?

Great idea Jeff. We’ve now allowed negative numbers in the Page Number setting. And if PTXprint detects a negative number it will have roman numerals for all the intro books UNTIL it hits the first Scripture book (GEN…REV) - and then it will start numbering from page 1. It also inserts a blank page after the roman numbered pages if needed to ensure that Page 1 starts on the RHS. This will all be in 1.5.6 - hopefully released in a few hours…

Super! Looking forward to having it…

Just so you know… The page after -1 (printed i) is -2 (printed ii).
If you need upper case Roman numerals, then you can change the relevant bit of the header/footer to \uppercase{\pagenumber}