Paratext Lite

A friend has Samsung tablets with Paratext Lite installed . Will HearThis and HearThis for Android work with Paratext Lite?

1 Like

HearThis (Android) cannot retrieve Scripture content directly from Paratext Lite. You would need to install HearThis on a computer that has Paratext and use the Paratext Send and Receive command to get a local copy of the project that is being edited with Paratext Lite. Then HearThis will be able to access the Paratext on the computer and prepare the files necessary to synch with HearThis Android.

We have a follow up issue with HT (Android) and PT. We found when making PT text changes within the project and when we sync HT (Android) with the computer, we aren’t getting the PT text changes. The audio files sync to the computer from Android but we aren’t getting any PT text changes once text edits are made in the project. Note: This would be PT on Windows.

The workaround was to completely uninstall HT (Android), reinstall, and do new sync to computer.

HearThis (on the PC) will not get the newly synched PT changes until you restart it. Once you have done that, you should be able to see the text changes in HearThis. Then I think synching to Android should push those changes across. If that’s not happening, it sounds like a bug. (I’ll see if I can reproduce it.) When you say, “completely uninstall”, do you mean also delete all the synched data? Otherwise, I don’t think that would change anything.

Thanks for reply.
On the Android device, after we sync the audio data, we had to uninstall HT on the device and reinstall. Then we were able to sync HT Android with HT (PC) and get the new PT text changes from the project.
We will try to restart HT (PC) for the new changes then try the HT (Android) sync to see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes.