Printing according to a canon

I would like to print the books, in the order of the Jewish OT Tanakh - i.e. Torah, then Neviim, then Kethuvim. I’ve created a canon for this in Paratext. Can I tell PTXprint about the canon, and if so, how?

We don’t yet support printing books according to the order of a Canon set in Paratext, but you can change/specify the order of books when you select what to print. So if you just paste this list into the list of books to print, then it should work fine:

GEN EXO LEV NUM DEU JOS JDG 1SA 2SA 1KI 2KI ISA JER EZK HOS JOL AMO OBA JON MIC NAM HAB ZEP HAG ZEC MAL PSA PRO JOB SNG RUT LAM ECC EST DAN EZR NEH 1CH 2CH

The other piece to keep in mind is that the sorting of the Table of Contents needs to reflect the Hebrew order too, so you will need to use the ‘heb’ flag in the Front Matter to ensure the ToC is in the correct order as well:

\ip \ztoc|heb\*

Very helpful, thanks Mark. Not sure about the final bit about the Table of Contents - did not understand your final paragraph regarding the heb flag. Where exactly does that go in PTXprint?

Good question @muckles! Here is a bit more context…

When creating the front matter for a publication, you can define what the Table of Contents looks like using something like this:

\periph Table of Contents|id="contents"
\mt3 \zvar|toctitle\*
\ztoc|main\*

but for the Hebrew book order, instead of using ‘main’ after the \ztoc you will need to use ‘heb’

\periph Table of Contents|id="contents"
\mt3 \zvar|toctitle\*
\ztoc|heb\*

This is done via the View+Edit tab, within the Front Matter sub-tab. I have noticed that in the large tooltip for that page, it mentions other sort orders for the Table of Contents, but doesn’t yet mention ‘heb’; so that is something that will be updated in an upcoming version: