Problem adding icons and splash screen images in iOS SAB 11.0.2

Hi,

I’m trying to edit an existing iOS app in SAB 11.0.2 on a Mac
It looks like with version 11 it’s not possible to add new images for icon or splash screens.
For testing, I created a new app and there is the same problem:
In the Appearance/Icon section, You can choose a file under the iOS Icon tab, but it’s not saved and no subfolder for ios/icon is created.
The same problem appears for Appearance/Graphics, iOS Splash Screen Tab .

I guess it’s a bug and has to do with the new categories in SAB (adding Appearance and others)

Kind regards
Horst

@Horst,

I have been able to reproduce the issue. I hope it won’t take much effort to figure out what is going on. I will look at it tomorrow.

Chris
App Builder Development

I have found the issue and fixed it for the next release.

For now, you can download SAB 10.4 and save it to another name (when copying to Applications, you can say, “keep both” and it will be name Scripture App Builder 2). I would rename it to Scripture App Builder 10.4 to keep from being confused.

You can launch SAB 10.4, assign the iOS app icon and splash screen, save the project, close SAB 10.4, and then open SAB 11.0.2 and continue working.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for quickly fixing it and for the work around.
It works for me now!

Blessings

Horst

@ChrisHubbard

Hi Chris,

I was having similar issue and I tried the solution of downloading 10.4. I was able to insert the icons in 10.4 and build it. However, when I add the ipa file to TRANSPORTER to load it to App Store, it keeps failing. It seems not to recognise the icons there. Please see the error message below:

Asset validation failed (90704)
Missing App Icon. An app icon measuring 1024 by 1024 pixels in PNG format must be included in the Asset Catalog of apps built for iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS. Without this icon, apps cannot be submitted for review. For details, see https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/app-icon/. (ID: 93639cf2-68d7-433d-a3ae-147ada6ba1cc)

Asset validation failed (90023)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘152x152’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: 20835431-4db0-43a7-9633-d8e5773e54b6)

Asset validation failed (90023)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘167x167’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro. To support older operating systems, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: 61342f02-cc2a-4964-8e01-a1f18a1df558)

Asset validation failed (90022)
Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly ‘120x120’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 10.0. To support older versions of iOS, the icon may be required in the bundle outside of an asset catalog. Make sure the Info.plist file includes appropriate entries referencing the file. See User interface | Apple Developer Documentation (ID: 0dbf1a2a-40a0-441f-9fe5-7dcde6484451)

1 Like

I am also having this issue.
I have tested it on SAB 10.4, 11.0.2, 11.0.3, and 11.0.4. It doesn’t work.

If I removed all app icons added to the “iOS icon” tab, and after verifying on the Transporter program, no issues are found. If added, the issues above are listed.

And, any interface icon on the app is not loaded if I added app icons to the “iOS icon” tab as shown below:

@csiandal

This is a different issue (which I agree is a problem). The issue brought up in this thread was that users couldn’t add an iOS icon or Splash Screen to their SAB 11.0.2 project.

It is best to create separate threads for separate issues.

Thanks,

Chris