PTX project corrupt

We are finding major issues with corruption of PTX project files. The problem prevents send/receive and has only appeared after using recent versions of PTXPrint. One symptom is the inflation of the PTXPrint PICLIST file to several gigs.

Has anybody else hit this issue?

I am sorry to hear this news, Alex. I’m very interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience, and the developers are already discussing how we can prevent this from ever happening again in the future.
[I’ll connect with you directly to gather some more details to see if we can figure out what went wrong, where and how.]

My PT project doesn’t seem to be corrupt, but I just experienced the inflation of a PTXPrint piclist file! When I noticed this the file was 63MB and growing. I halted it and tried to make an archive but I don’t think the archive is designed to be this big. I’ll leave this layout as is, though, in case you want to look at it.

One of my piclist items had a malformed size=“” field at GEN 3.6. I don’t know if this is part of the problem or not. Let me know if you want more info.

I see that I can’t attach an archive here so I’m creating a github issue about this as well. See piclist blew up in size · Issue #929 · sillsdev/ptx2pdf · GitHub

There seems to be an issue with the Copyright Attribution text ‘GR’ in the image at GEN 3.6

Change that to the full form “Global Recordings” and it will work again. You will need to click on the “Tidy Up” button on the Help tab to get rid of the old/unwanted settings before you can print successfully again.

I’ve raised this issue of {GR} (=Graphite) with the TeX developers.

Hmm, That’s what was wrong! Weird. I was trying all sorts of weird tweaks and stumbled on your fix for it but I couldn’t figure out why… Nice to know there is a logical explanation for “GR” causing problems! Thanks!