I would like to request for a next release of SAB, a push notification ability. This is known to increase mobile app engagement. Most of the Bible apps I downloaded are all using it and it is working!
This is what I would love to see made available in SAB
- During first use or two, ask the user if they want to setup a daily reminder and precise what time they would want this feature, which will trigger a push notification. (eg. 8am every day)
- Remind the user, about the app if they have not used the app for a while (ability to set when this would be triggered in SAB)
- Add the ability to track when people opened the app via the push notification using Analytics.
- Allow the ability to customise the text which is displayed but also limit the number of characters used due to OS limitation. (https://www.urbanairship.com/blog/brevity-wit-the-ideal-push-notification-length)
- Remind people to rate the app on the appstore
- Encourage people to share the app.
For anyone interested on how Push Out notifications could be used, here is a good link: https://www.urbanairship.com/blog/50-push-notification-ideas-you-can-start-using-today
Looking forward to know what you guys think about that, and how likely this would be develop at SIL.
Thanks for all you hard work,