SAB 10.3 apps not working with Android 4.4.4

Hello,

Thanks so much for developing SAB! I am particularly happy about the update adding audio playback controls to the pulldown notifications and the lock screen.

With SAB 10.2, I was able to get my apps to open on my Morotolla Moto G test device, running Android 4.4.4. However, now with 10.3 neither app gets past the splash screen. After a few seconds, the app crashes with a little message that says that the app “se ha detenido” (stopped or quit).

Is Android 4 no longer supported? In my area there are still a good number of people with older devices. Though I imagine it must be increasingly difficult to maintain compatibility with these older devices.

The apps are running great on my Android 10 device.

The only changes I made are to update the book contents from source in one of the apps, and update “What’s New” in both.

Thanks so much.

Is your project in Scriptoria? Which one? If not, can you share your project data?

I have tried your app (downloaded from Scriptoria) on my 4.2.2 phone and it crashed there as well. I will look into it.

FYI, I caught the stack trace in logcat:

2023-05-03 09:54:33.714 6307-6307/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {org.jawca.traduccionborrador.qxh/org.jawca.traduccionborrador.qxh.AppMainActivity}: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MediaButtonReceiver component may not be null
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2936)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:2965)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2400)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:162)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1364)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:194)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5371)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:525)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:833)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:600)
        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
     Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: MediaButtonReceiver component may not be null
        at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$j.<init>()
        at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat.<init>()

Thanks so much Chris! Please let me know if you find out anything.