SAB 6.0 PROBLEMS with RTL CROSS-REFERENCES

I am sorry that I have to report that RTL cross-references does not YET work properly.

a. The chapter number and verse numbers are recognized but not the book abbreviations , which stay “mute” and this cause also a certain degree of disproportion in the display of numbers and book names…

b. The cross-reference origin IN THE FOOTNOTE (not in the text) which in our case is not a word but a combi of ch-number and verse number like 12:1- I think in the styles it is SPAN.XK - is not recognized and also does not seem to be styles according to the bold-style we have defined in SPAN.XK. See the brown bold in the text below

These are 2 examples of the source code of SAB. The RED is recognized by SAB and changed into a clickable reference, but since the book (BLUE) is not recognized, you are always led to the chapter and verse of the book where you are in.

The sequence of the display of the cross reference numbers is exactly as it is should be in the APP and indeed does appear in the APP.

Note the example below (an image) is all set as RTL text as is proper for ARA script!
Sorry, this was first the wrong picture, but this was is new (6 June uploaded)

The picture you sent does not show any RTL text. Please check and update.

I did update the picture, any conclusion?

Is this in iOS or Android app?

I am assuming that your \toc3 for the target book matches that used in the cross reference.

Absolutely!
I would expect this problem occurs with all SAB users with RTL script!

I am a bit stuck on creating a test sample, since I can’t generate RTL to use for testing.

Though what you gave me does exhibit what you are saying.

I am working on MAC OS with SAB 6.0, but will update today to 6.0.2.
I can generate then for ANDROID (only for this platform due to aforementioned problems with the other one) both for RTL and LTR.
What do you mean you cannot generate for RTL to use for testing … if you want I can send you in a priv mail the whole SAB folder …
And also what do you mean when you say : what you gave me , exhibit what you are saying? Do you mean you get the same problem?
Thank you fro your work on this!

I was wanting to create a minimal test case as I do for other issues. But I can’t as I don’t read any RTL scripts to make it work.

Yes I am getting the same issue as you. The USFM looks fine.

If we have the same problem, then it might be a bug! It was not before!
I am more or less puzzled that others using RTL script do not report RTL cross-reference issues.
It can’t be that we are the only ones!

I do not think you must be able to read RTL script, it is sufficient if you can see that the abbreviations are not recognised by SAB and are not included in the click-elements.
Can we say this is a bug?

I have it listed down as a bug.
It is a test example I want to have. So that the developers can quickly see if the fixes they make have corrected the problem. But also I am gathering minimal examples so that for each new release we can check each example to see if there is something that is broken.

For example I want to have the book of Mat or Gen to have one chapter and one verse and within that verse is a footnote. That footnote has cross references to two books that are recognised as part of the link and two that are not included in the link. So then I just need a book for each reference. Within each book is the chapter and verse referenced. That is it not the full text.

Ok, so you need samples from me of this RTL project.

Can you dictate me ( like you did for the LTR case ) which books you want and which lines (maybe again the the first 10 lines as with LTR?) … so I do no make mistakes of send you too much …

In response to your mail, below some code which I think you asked me for (not sure if I fully understood). In the image (attached) you can see how it should look like in a RTL editor (Mellel or Nisus)

Is this sufficient for what you need? If not, please let me know what else you need!

\id GEN
\h يارىتىلىش
\toc1 يارىتىلىش
\toc2 يارىتىلىش
\toc3 يار.
\mt1 يارىتىلىش
\c 1
\s1 خۇدانىڭ ئالەمنى يارىتىشى
\m
\v 1 مۇقەددەمدە خۇدا ئاسمانلار بىلەن زېمىننى ياراتتى.\f □ \fr 1‎‏:‏‎1 \ft \bd «خۇدا»\bd* ــ ئىبرانىي تىلىدا «ئەلوھىم» دېيىلىدۇ. بۇ توغرۇلۇق «تەبىرلەر»نى كۆرۈڭ. \bd «ئاسمانلار»\bd* ــ مۇقەددەس كىتاب بويىچە ئۈچ قاتلام ئاسمان بار؛ بىرىنچى قات ئاسمان «ئاتموسفېرا»، ئىككىنچى قات ئاسمان «ئالەم بوشلۇقى»، ئۈچىنچى قات ئاسمان خۇدانىڭ ئەرشىدۇر. شۇڭا «ئاسمان» كۆپ يەرلەردە «ئاسمانلار» دېيىلىدۇ.\f*\x + \xo 1‎‏:‏‎1 \xt ئايۇپ ‫‪4:38‬‬؛ زەب. ‫‪6:33‬‬؛ ‫‪12:89‬‬؛ ‫‪5:136‬‬؛ روس. ‫‪15:14‬‬؛ ‫‪24:17‬‬؛ ئىبر. ‫‪3:11‬‬\x*
\v 2 ئۇ چاغدا يەر بولسا شەكىلسىز ۋە قۇپقۇرۇق ھالەتتە بولدى؛ قاراڭغۇلۇق چوڭقۇر سۇلارنىڭ يۈزىنى قاپلىدى؛ خۇدانىڭ روھى چوڭقۇر سۇلار ئۈستىدە لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى.\f □ \fr 1‎‏:‏‎2 \ft \bd «بولدى»\bd* ــ بەزى تەرجىمىلەردە «ئىدى» ياكى «تۇراتتى» دەپ ئېلىنغان. ئالىملارنىڭ بۇ ئايەت ئۈستىدىكى ئۈچ خىل قارىشى توغرۇلۇق «قوشۇمچە سۆز»ىمىزنى كۆرۈڭ. \bd «چوڭقۇر سۇلار»\bd* ــ دېڭىز‫‪‎-‎‬‬ئوكيانلارنى كۆرسىتىدۇ. \bd «قاپلىدى»\bd* ــ ياكى «قاپلىغانىدى». \bd «لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى»\bd* ــ مۇشۇ ھالەتنى ئىبرانىي تىلىدا «(تۇخۇم بېسىۋاتقان) كۈرۈك توخۇدەك ھالەتتە تۇرىدۇ» دەپ چۈشۈنۈشكىمۇ بولىدۇ.\f*~~
\m

@joop Can you take out the footnote before the \x cross reference?
Can you alter each reference so that the chapter is always one digit and the verse is always two digits. And in the app I assume the ref should look like this. 12:2 taM.
Matthes chapter 2 verse 12. If not then how should it look.

Your notation of the reference is ok, except for the dot, who should also move to left side of the t
12:2 .taM
I have attached a sample : first part is the full code as I copy it from SAB … NOTE the blue text is not the same position as in SAB itself (at the bottom - 3rd part of the png) where you see this text in the correct position (I do ot know why this jumps to an other position in Mellel or Nisus
Anyway the 2nd part has been changed according to your instructions, except that I think that the BLUE needs to be removed, but I leave that to your expertise!

08|377x500

Here below the code to copy to your machine

\id GEN
\h يارىتىلىش
\toc1 يارىتىلىش
\toc2 يارىتىلىش
\toc3 يار.
\mt1 يارىتىلىش
\c 1
\m
\v 1 مۇقەددەمدە خۇدا ئاسمانلار بىلەن زېمىننى ياراتتى.\f □ \fr 1:1 \ft \bd «خۇدا»\bd* ــ ئىبرانىي تىلىدا «ئەلوھىم» دېيىلىدۇ. بۇ توغرۇلۇق «تەبىرلەر»نى كۆرۈڭ. \bd «ئاسمانلار»\bd* ــ مۇقەددەس كىتاب بويىچە ئۈچ قاتلام ئاسمان بار؛ بىرىنچى قات ئاسمان «ئاتموسفېرا»، ئىككىنچى قات ئاسمان «ئالەم بوشلۇقى»، ئۈچىنچى قات ئاسمان خۇدانىڭ ئەرشىدۇر. شۇڭا «ئاسمان» كۆپ يەرلەردە «ئاسمانلار» دېيىلىدۇ.\f*\x + \xo 1:1 \xt ئايۇپ 4:38؛ زەب. 6:33؛ 12:89؛ 5:136؛ روس. 15:14؛ 24:17؛ ئىبر. 3:11\x*
\v 2 ئۇ چاغدا يەر بولسا شەكىلسىز ۋە قۇپقۇرۇق ھالەتتە بولدى؛ قاراڭغۇلۇق چوڭقۇر سۇلارنىڭ يۈزىنى قاپلىدى؛ خۇدانىڭ روھى چوڭقۇر سۇلار ئۈستىدە لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى.\f □ \fr 1:2 \ft \bd «بولدى»\bd* ــ بەزى تەرجىمىلەردە «ئىدى» ياكى «تۇراتتى» دەپ ئېلىنغان. ئالىملارنىڭ بۇ ئايەت ئۈستىدىكى ئۈچ خىل قارىشى توغرۇلۇق «قوشۇمچە سۆز»ىمىزنى كۆرۈڭ. \bd «چوڭقۇر سۇلار»\bd* ــ دېڭىز-ئوكيانلارنى كۆرسىتىدۇ. \bd «قاپلىدى»\bd* ــ ياكى «قاپلىغانىدى». \bd «لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى»\bd* ــ مۇشۇ ھالەتنى ئىبرانىي تىلىدا «(تۇخۇم بېسىۋاتقان) كۈرۈك توخۇدەك ھالەتتە تۇرىدۇ» دەپ چۈشۈنۈشكىمۇ بولىدۇ.\f*~~
\m

\id GEN
\h يارىتىلىش
\toc1 يارىتىلىش
\toc2 يارىتىلىش
\toc3 يار.
\mt1 يارىتىلىش
\c 1
\m
\v 1 مۇقەددەمدە خۇدا ئاسمانلار بىلەن زېمىننى ياراتتى. \f*\x + \xo 1:1 \xt ئايۇپ 12:3؛ زەب. 10:2؛ 12:9؛ 12:3؛ روس. 15:7؛ 13:8؛ ئىبر. 12:9\x*
\v 2 ئۇ چاغدا يەر بولسا شەكىلسىز ۋە قۇپقۇرۇق ھالەتتە بولدى؛ قاراڭغۇلۇق چوڭقۇر سۇلارنىڭ يۈزىنى قاپلىدى؛ خۇدانىڭ روھى چوڭقۇر سۇلار ئۈستىدە لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى.\f □ \fr 1:2 \ft \bd «بولدى»\bd* ــ بەزى تەرجىمىلەردە «ئىدى» ياكى «تۇراتتى» دەپ ئېلىنغان. ئالىملارنىڭ بۇ ئايەت ئۈستىدىكى ئۈچ خىل قارىشى توغرۇلۇق «قوشۇمچە سۆز»ىمىزنى كۆرۈڭ. \bd «چوڭقۇر سۇلار»\bd* ــ دېڭىز-ئوكيانلارنى كۆرسىتىدۇ. \bd «قاپلىدى»\bd* ــ ياكى «قاپلىغانىدى». \bd «لەرزان پەرۋاز قىلاتتى»\bd* ــ مۇشۇ ھالەتنى ئىبرانىي تىلىدا «(تۇخۇم بېسىۋاتقان) كۈرۈك توخۇدەك ھالەتتە تۇرىدۇ» دەپ چۈشۈنۈشكىمۇ بولىدۇ.\f*~~
\m