Scripture App Builder 5.6
Release date: 05 July 2019
New Features and Improvements:
Subtitles for Slideshow Videos:
- When slideshow videos are created, subtitle files in both SRT and WebVTT formats will also be created.
- These can be used to provide subtitles for YouTube videos or when using media players such as the VLC media player.
- To launch the Create Slideshows wizard, right-click on a book or book collection and select Create Slideshow Videos…
- Improved configuration screen, App > Firebase, with a link to the Firebase console.
- You can define a registration screen to be shown when a user launches the app for the first time.
- This allows you to collect contact information, for example to connect people with Bible reading/listening discussion groups.
- See App > Security > Require each user to register with their details, and the Configure Registration button.
- Awami Nastaliq font updated to version 2.000.
In the Android app:
- In two-pane view, if you selected a chapter from the toolbar, the top pane would be appear blank until you swiped between chapters.
- If you wanted a splash screen together with one of the restricted user security modes, the app would crash on start-up.
In the app builder:
- Building the Android app failed with errors if including Firebase Crashlytics.
- If using Word documents (docx), custom footnote callers such as asterisks were repeated when converted to SFM files.
- Right-click popup menus were missing from several tables, i.e. for Edit and Delete actions.
- Allow use of Zulu OpenJDK from Azul Systems as the JDK.