Simple picture examples

In a little over a week I will be training French-speakers on PTXPrint. I would like to show an example of using pictures, but I do very little with pictures in Scripture publications myself. Do the picture definitions need to come from the Paratext text files, or is there a way to add them separately, sort of like you can with SAB? (See https://lingtran.net/Jesus-Messiah%3A-Gospel-of-Mark-Picture-Set.) In the Pictures tool, Details tab, there is a button Add Picture…, but whenever I try to use it I get this error:

PTXprint Version 1.5.7

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “ptxprint\gtkview.py”, line 2420, in onPlAddClicked
File “ptxprint\piclist.py”, line 455, in add_row
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘newrowcounter’ referenced before assignment

Do you have to have a PicList first? I tried Generate, but there are no pictures in my text, so it just creates an empty list.

I would like a simple example that I can show people, how you can modify the size and position, etc.

Yes, the ideal way to work is to use Paratext’s Insert > Figure… feature to insert illustrations which end up in the text with \fig … \fig* markup. These then get picked up by PTXprint and turned into a PicList which can be fine-tuned (for size, position, etc.)

It should be possible to add illustrations using the Add button, but you’ve obviously unearthed a bug for us to fix… I wouldn’t recommend adding all your pictures using this method, but for the occasional addition, it should work (in future).