Superscript in docx

Apologies I am new to SAB but would really appreciate some info on having .docx files run on SAB 6.2.2 as I have missed out most things when building and running app.

You had the Adaptit label on this. I have changed that now since it is an SAB question.

SAB does have a Word Importer, but it is not aimed at general Word documents with all of Words features. It is aimed at some specific cases. If you have styled your document with Styles you can expect that to be reflected in the converted document. If you used hard formatting then it may not be brought in. So if your Superscript is styled then that should be accessible by styles section.

If you want me to have a look at your Word docx, I may be able to give you some suggestions to make it work. Send me a personal message of how I can get the file.

Thank you for your response, you have said it right. I am having those issues with superscript not reflecting on app from .docx. Yes please if you dont mind I have a text here from book of John on my own language but you should be able to spot the issue.

1 Sa i le amataga, le Upu, sa i le Atua le Upu, o le Atua foi le Upu. 2 O ia lava sa i le Atua i le amataga. 3 Na ia faia mea uma lava; e leai foi se mea e tasi na faia e lei faia e ia. 4 Sa ia te ia le ola; o le ola foi o le malamalama lea o tagata.*

This is the first 4 verses of Johns first chapter, with Word I superscript the numbering of verses but sadly its not reflected on SAB when run on both IOS and Android.

Appreciate your help…

If you have Scripture then I’d strongly recommend you convert it to USFM. That is the standard that 80+% of Bibles sources are stored in. That is the native format of SAB.

If I was working on anything like this I would convert it.

SAB provides a way to convert to SFM. SFM can be then by search and replace made into USFM. On the Source tab for each book there is a button to export SFM. Search Paratext USFM for documentation on USFM.

But in your case you may get acceptable results by modifying Word. Search for all Super Script and apply the style verse to them. Then try bringing that into SAB. Then in the Styles look for the Imported span.verse style and make that superscript.

USFM looks like this for your paragraph:

\p
\v 1 Sa i le amataga, le Upu, sa i le Atua le Upu, o le Atua foi le Upu. 
\v 2 O ia lava sa i le Atua i le amataga. 
\v 3 Na ia faia mea uma lava; e leai foi se mea e tasi na faia e lei faia e ia. 
\v 4 Sa ia te ia le ola; o le ola foi o le malamalama lea o tagata.*
\p new paragraph continuation of verse 4
\v 5 verse five

I don’t know what your * means.

Thank you for the help, I will look into it as well said but first need to find out how to convert word to SFM…

SAB does does convert to all Docx to SFM, so that can be modified by Search and replace to become USFM. After you import a Docx file View the Source tab for that book and click on the Export … button.
Then you will see in a plain text editor like Notepad something like the following.

\p_n1t-Tit1e-MajorTitleLevell Xxxxxxxxx

\p_c-ChapterNumber 1 

\p_p—Paragraph—Norn1al—FirstLineIndent \c_v—VerseNumber 1 \c_V—VerseNumber*Xxxxx xxxxxx xx xxxxxx xxxx . \c:_v—
VerseNumber 2 \c_v—VerseNumber*Xxxx

So you would change the following:

Find Replace
\p_n1t-Tit1e-MajorTitleLevell \mt1
p_p—Paragraph—Normal—FirstLineIndent \p
\c_v—VerseNumber \v
\c_V—VerseNumber*

You would want to put in a new line before each \v. Also all USFM markers must have a space after them. For the closing verse marker there is no marker.

Hope that helps.

I am going through SAB and still can’t find where conversion comes in for docx if you could please hint the path or steps. Appreciate it.

I have SAB 6.2.2

On the left go to Books and select that.
Select the collection that the book is in.
Select the book you want to convert.
Now in the tabs on the right select Source
Now click Export … button in the top right.
Choose a file location you can find. I’d keep it in a subfolder of your docx files.